A couple who went on what they described as a dream holiday to Mexico suffered food poisoning and are bringing a claim for compensation.
The couple went on a Thomas Cook Holiday to Mexico in May to celebrate their first wedding anniversary.
They claim they were served raw chicken from the hotel buffet and Mr Burke then alleges that he immediately fell ill with vomiting and diarrhoea. He then had an intensive period of stomach pains and flu like symptoms
He says as a result he lost nearly half a stone in weight.
Further details can be found at this address: .htmlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3678654/Couple-say-2-500-anniversary-Thomas-Cook-holiday-ruined-food-poisoning-served-RAW-chicken.html
Comment on This Case: This case demonstrates that poorly cooked food can have a devastating effect on health and in this case if the holiday was ruined the couple can claim for the cost of the holiday as well as the compensation for the personal injury to the digestive system Mr Burke sustained.
If you have any queries about bringing a claim for food poisoning please ring for confidential no obligation advice on 01535958778 or 07821809843 (out of hours)