Keighley and District Food Fast Food Outlets At Risk Of Causing Food Poisoning

A recent inspection by the Local environmental health offices in Keighley found five fast food premises which were at risk of causing food poisoning due to poor standards of hygiene.

The Keighley and district based premises were part of 27 in the Bradford District as a whole to get the lowest food hygiene rating under the Food Standards Agency

The ratings run from one to five and the Keighley based food outlets got zero

One of the premises was the Chicago Hut in Silsden. The owner did not accept the findings saying that the result was due to paperwork not being completely up to date and saying that the shop was in fact very clean. He invited the inspectors to return for a further visit

The Chicken Cottage at Cavendish Street in Keighley was inspected on December 11, but it had its most recent visit from inspectors very recently and a spokesman for the takeaway said that he was impressed with the re-inspection,

Another premises, the Deli Touch at Victoria Road also in  Keighley was inspected in December and was now working closely with Council inspectors

The local Council member with responsibility for environmental matters said the council would take whatever action was necessary against unhygienic businesses and that in included taking Court action as necessary.

The local  MP Kris Hopkins said there was no excuse for poor hygiene in food outlets and pointed out the danger of food poisoning that was caused by such outlets

Craven ward district councillor Adrian Naylor said that the report should be a wake up call for the businesses urging them to pull up their socks to meet the challenge.

Further details of the report can be found at http://www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/news_keighley/11074966.Five_Keighley_area_food_outlets_get_zero_for_hygiene/

O’Neill Injury Solicitors Comment:

This report shows the vital importance of environmental health inspections in ensuring that claims for food poisoning by the public are kept as low as possible. Although Mr Hopkins’ comments are welcome he might be listened to more if he was not part of a Government which is responsible for decreasing the amount that local Councils can spend on this vital work of public safety.

If you have been affected by food poisoning in the Keighley or Skipton area contact O’Neill Injury Solicitors immediately on 01535 958778 or by e mail on info@oneill-injurysolicitors.co.uk

With food poisoning claims getting evidence quickly is vital to the prospects of bringing a successful claim.