Bradford Cake Past Sell By Date Shows Dangers of Food Poisoning

A well known Bradford Firm has apologised for a case of Food Poisoning.

It occurred when a customer was suspicious of a cheesecake that smelled of rotten eggs and also looked mouldy

The cake had been bought as a treat for a children’s party and was served to nine children before the dangers of food poisoning were noticed.

One of the children suffered vomiting and diarrhoea. There was apparently no sell by date on the box.

The company who supplied the cake blamed an external provider. They offered a full apology.

Bradford Metropolitan Council Environmental Department had been informed and are investigating the matter.

This case shows the importance of adhering strictly to sell by dates to avoid the dangers of food poisoning.

All produce should be checked to avoid exceeding the sell by date.