Thomas Cooke pay out £10,000 for food poisoning

Stacey Grenfell, a Beauty Spa Manager, was on holiday in the Sunrise Tirana Hotel in Sharm El-Sheik in 2010 when she fell ill with Salmonella food poisoning. She was on a fortnight holiday with her fiancé and his parents  to celebrate a 50th birthday.

After three days at the Hotel Stacey started to feel ill. says she had noticed that “the cutlery was hardly ever clean and that food was sometimes left uncovered and uncooked”.  She went on to say that she had notice one time that the chicken was raw and that new food was served on top of old food.

On her return to Scotland she was diagnosed with Salmonella, which can be a very serious illness and even fatal.  Symptoms vary as does severity. Symptoms can include diarrhoea, stomach cramps, and sometimes vomiting.

Sharon successfully claimed a five figure compensation settlement from travel company Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd.