Accident At Work claims

Work Accident Claims

There are thousands of types of workplaces all over the UK from city offices to supermarket checkouts. Despite this range of  possibilities they are all covered by the same set of rules regarding the safety of people employed there.

Because of this if you have a work accident you may be able to make a claim for compensation. There are strict regulations surrounding workplace safety and your employer is responsible for ensuring that these are complied with as well as providing you with a safe system of work and competent and safe work colleagues.

At O’Neill Injury Solicitors we specialise in Work Accident Claims. These commonly happen in the following circumstances:

  • Slips or trips or falls caused by poorly maintained floors or work surfaces
  • Poorly maintained electrical equipment – which can cause shocks and electrocution
  • Poorly designed systems of manual handling and lifting and no training on safe methods to lift heavy objects
  • Poorly maintained or defective equipment
  • Lack of adequate safety equipment or clothing (or if provided not of a sufficient standard)

What Should I do if I have a Work Accident Claim?

If you have have a Work Accident Claim you should ensure that you do the following if possible:

  • Report the accident to your employer or supervisor and make sure it is recorded in the accident book (your employer is required by law to keep such an accident book recording all injuries in the workplace)
  • Take photographs of where you had the accident
  • Take photos of your injuries
  • Keep a record of any potential witnesses to the accident who may be able to help.

What sort of compensation might you receive?

Compensation for a Work Accident Claim is to cover for the pain and suffering and distress caused by the injury and also for any loss of earnings, medical fees, rehabilitation costs- in fact any financial loss that has been caused by the accident.

Is there a Time Limit for bringing a claim?

As there are strict time limits for you to bring your claim if you have had an accident at work within the last three years you should contact O’Neill Injury Solicitors immediately. You are guaranteed to receive prompt and friendly advice from an independent qualified and regulated Solicitor-  not a call centre operator or representative of an insurer.

At O’Neill Injury Solicitors you will also speak from the start with a properly qualified and experienced Solicitor who will in most circumstances be the person who takes on the case and will deal with it throughout.

For free initial advice please call 01535 958 778, email us, or use the contact form on this page.
We want to ensure that you get every penny of the compensation you are entitled to as quickly and efficiently as possible.